In our quest for more, contentment is absolutely necessary. Listen in!
Also I was conversing with someone in our church who’s been struggling recently and they pointed this out from “Calm My Anxious Heart” by Linda Dillow: “There is an unholy habit of discontent and a holy habit of contentment.” There are five “nevers” that she recommends:
1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything – not even the weather!
2. Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
3. Never compare your lot with others.
4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5. Never dwell on yesterday or on tomorrow – remember that tomorrow is Gods, not ours.